For a complete list of my talks, tutorials and other presentations, please have a look at my SlideShare profile here. A selection of tutorials is also available thanks to colleagues from Videolectures here.
Qrowd and the city: designing people-centric smart cities
Keynote at ODBASE 2019, OnTheMove Federated Conferences in Rhodes, October 2019.
Qrowd and the city
Invited talk at the Connected Smart Cities Conference in Brussels, January 2019.
Inclusive cities: a crowdsourcing approach
Invited talk at ‘The city of the future’ symposium at Cardiff University, December 2018.
Building better knowledge graphs through social computing
Invited talk at the University of Rotterdam, November 2018.
Keynote at Semantics 2018 in Vienna, Austria from September 2018.
Invited talk at the HumL workshop at The Web Conference from April 2018.
The data we want
Talk at the Data Science Campus of the Office of National Statistics from May 2018.
Here is a random selection of talks, interviews and promotional videos available on YouTube:
- A webinar about human factors in big data and the Qrowd project in the BDVe webinar series, November 2018.
- A talk by my students Laura and Emilia on their research on dataset search in the ODI Lunchtime Lectures series from March 2018.
- Our most recent video promoting data science at Southampton.
- Our Data Pitch channel, including webinars and short videos introducing the accelerator.
- A short interview I gave at CeBIT 2017 to colleagues from the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung.
- A tutorial on social machines, crowdsourcing and incentives design at the WSTNet Web Science Summer School in Koblenz in 2016.
- Our open data session at the European Data Forum EDF 2016 in Eindhoven in June 2016.
- A short video we did for CHI 2015 about some of our earlier citizen science work.
- A talk I gave in 2014 at the LIBER 2014 conference.